View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aa_vark

Sounds like a case of the ****-its, to me.

Ummmm, I'm alone sober and jobless, as well... and yup its better sober. There is no combination of drinking and drugs that will make any of that any better. Using made me isolate from people, and unemployable... sigh.

Im not going to dwell on the negative stuff today. Im grateful to be clean. It took alot of hard work.

Its saturday, an d im waiting for an employer to call back. He has work available for me, im anxious to get that call back.

Im sending out resumes, and writing cover letters for jobs like crazy, right now. I hope to get a jump on monday morning, so i can make some cold calls, and fax my info. Its a bit of work, and i have a hard time focusing.

I just did an inventory around fear of being unemployed, that really helped. Also 10th step is helping with my procrastination around that.

I suppose, if i look at the lonlieness, i know that i dont have to be alone. there is an AA club just down the street, where i can go drink coffee and talk w/ friendly people.

It'd be nice to have a girlfriend, though. Expecially on a lazy saturday.

Ya know, in the basic text it says social acceptability does not equel recovery. The job doesnt keep me clean, girlfriends dont, either.

I guess im at step 3 with today.