View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 08:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Pernell Johnson

MG, there is a power greater than you that gave you life. And the same power with your help gave your son life. That power is the deciding factor in life and death. Believe this death is a part of life, it is inevitable. You cannot save your own life, think about it. You can enjoy your life and you can help someone else to learn how to enjoy their life. "Life Is" and that is as good a description of life as you will find. The other side of that is "Life Is Not" and there you have death as we know it.
Denial and the way, you allow it to play on your feelings, emotions and good sense is what makes for co-addictive behavior as explained above. It is not easy but it is necessary for you to be a healthy human being, accept the things you cannot change and have the courage to change the things you can.

In answer to your question above about a alcoholic turning to drugs. No, that is not the reason that one starts to do drugs. The reason is they were introduced to drugs and switched their drug of choice. The tolerance factor will still apply to the drug as it does to alcoholics.

Being thr bearer of this kind of news is not fun for me, I hope you know that. But you asked and I am trying to accomodate you as best I can without being morbid. Just the facts

Just for Today-----------------------I am Sober:shades2: