Thread: What Addicts Do
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
love2much

This is my first time on here and I have a love story that has been a rollercoaster.
I too fell in love with an ex addict(addicted to heroin)-when I was 15. I am 28, but he was my first love . I didn't see him for 7 years and then ran into him about 2 years ago. I had only heard about his addiction through friends since I had left my hometown years before.
I fell hard, not knowing that he was still using meth to get off of heroin. I think I might have been the most ignorant person when it came to drugs-I don't know what it looks like or how people react when they are on it-not that I am naive but I just have never been around it like that.
He finally got himself off of it and has had a sort of "normal" life with me. We have had our ups and downs due to other circumstances in our relationship, but around 5 months ago he started becoming distant and cold, started smoking weed, hanging with a crowd that I was concerned about, missing a lot of work and a lot of unexplanable behaviors. it was picking huge fights with me for the smallest things and hurting me emotionally.It was hard for me to keep track because I live about an hour away. He is claiming that he is leaving for Florida-but his actions immediately have led me to believe that he has started again and I am scared to death. I don't how to get in touch with him, he is nowhere to be found. At first, I thought he just stopped loving me, but I spoke to him about 4 days ago and he talked to me the way I remembered him, so kind and sweet. I rec'd a call yesterday from my sister, to tell me that she now has confirmation that he is back on it, but I cannot accept this and I am having a hard time trying to lead my life without knowing what has become of him. I am so afraid that I will not talk to him and or see him, because he is not contacting me. I love him so much-that I am literally making myself sick. How do I reach out to somebody like this? Are these normal actions of someone getting back on? I don't know what I am suppose to do. Please help! I don't think I have another tear left to shed.
love2much