View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 09:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
constant

Meg, I am so sorry for your loss and really sad that your friends didn't remember. You are such a wonderful person and deserve to have friends that are lookin out for you too!

I have NEVER had very many close friends.....true friends. Women tend to be very back stabbing and two faced. There are the "good" ones out there. They are not easy to find, but I have been blessed to find 3. We also do change as years go by, I also was the "party" girl, but things have changed and priorities have changed. Two of my friends have been through EVERYTHING with me and one is fairly new, but I have determined that she is a keeper. I have been fortunate that the two friends have grown right along with me. There were some along the way that I thought were loyal friends, but found out as I grew, they didn't. It is tough, but ending the friendships turned out to be the best.

As for the "dog eat dog" comment......I truely don't believe that as a general statement. There are those kind of people out there, but there are MANY good hearted geniune carrying people out there! We are told to Love thy neighbor as ourselves and there are some of us that REALL try to live that way! I am not saying that that those of us trying to live that way are perfect or don't over-look other needs, but we not out to hurt anyone.

My prayers are with you Meg.....I hope that you resolve the issue with your friends.

Constant