Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by StandingStrong
The fact that he is an alcoholic - recovering or not - would ultimately be my first red flag.
On a conscious level, I very much feel the same way. BTDT! Don't want to take that risk again! Don't know, don't trust that I would see the associated behaviors with alcohol becoming a problem again. People can hide things VERY well, especially with alcohol. Although granted, they can only hide it for so long before the issue really shows.

But I'm wondering if I feel differently on a subconscious level; hence, my dream about marrying my ex. In the dream, he had been sober, AND successfully working his program for years!

I don't know for sure what my dream is symbolizing (my dream is what inspired this whole thread)....either a) would I consent to be with a recovering alcoholic in the future, or b) I was just having stupid, unresolved 'feelings' for my ex that I'm not admitting to on a conscious level....leftover hopes and dreams vs. reality!!!! If it's 'b', then I'm really annoyed with and disappointed in myself!