View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 09:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JustFedUp
Paused

Wow! Y'all came up with some very thought provoking posts while I was busily typing my response. Smoke you said it so well! You know, I can take myself back to the day when I was the party queen, and had a friend who's husband would get really upset when I gathered her up to go drinkin. I was like, Oh, stop being such a control freak and an A-hole, let the girl have fun! I couldn't see back at the time that she had a SERIOUS problem. To me, her insane behavior when she was drinking was hysterical. Now I know the hell he must have been going through watching his wife self destruct in front of him. 90% of the friends I have don't have a clue of DH's problem. They don't realize that he's not just drinking when he's with them on occassion, he's drinking steadily everyday. I come off as the stick in the mud, because anymore when he's drinking, I shut down, and I'm not my happy bubbly self. I imagine they think I'm a controlling, b!tchy nag (which I don't nag, but I'm sure they all say, oooh, she's being quiet, so he's in big trouble later on).

Anyway, I'm rambling! :o