Old 05-30-2003, 05:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rose56

Hangin'In,
I can't thank you enough for this post. Wow. I would have been right with you in "talking" to the counselors etc. When my son had trouble in school a couple of years ago I stepped in and tried to "manage" him out of the problem. This only made the situation worse and everyon tense and me half crazy. Finally I steped back and let him manage his own way. It turned out fine and he is graduating high school next Monday!

Smoke, thanks so much for your response. How true. My husband more than anyone else COULD outline my problems, my issues and probably what needed to be done to correct each one. Oh boy, if he was that kind of guy I would probably have high tailed it out of here long ago!!! I want to get better and improve but only on my schedule!! LOL. Lets not move too fast. I may just want to wallow once more in that river of pity, or go on a last spending spree!!! I will try to remember this when I feel the URGENT need to get hubby fixed and fast!!! Maybe the URGENT need in inside me.

And the sense of humor, I am with you EmotionalMeg, boy do I wish I had a better sense of humor. Thanks again this has been just what I needed. Ok I am putting it on my white board: Mind your own business. My coworkers are going to be looking at me funny today!!!!!!!LOL