View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Aquiana

Originally Posted by ASpouse
Amends come way later in the program ..... I believe it's step 9. He doesn't need to tell anyone what he's doing. I don't know, he's almost hitting the mark with AA stuff but I'm not quite sure I'm buying it and a good sponsor would be telling him 90 in 90. Any recovering A's reading this, please tell me if I'm off the mark.

I actually asked him about the 90 in 90 thing after you mentioned it last time. He said he never heard from it. Hard to know whether he actually does or whether they really didn't tell him that. Is it possible they are just not trying to push him too hard? He has gone to a couple of meetings with the same people in the past....probably about 3 times and then never went back. I wondered if perhaps they were just letting him in gently since it's better he's going to a few rather than none at all. Maybe they're thinking he may run off again.

I understand, by knowing his personality, why he doesn't want to tell anyone that he quit. He doesn't like people doting on him. He doesn't want people to tip-toe around him and thinks some people may be uncomfortable and treat him different. That's what he said anyway. I don't think he's really ashamed or that he's afraid he'll fail in front of everyone.

I know I shouldn't even be asking him about things by the way. Old habits are dying hard on that one. One thing I don't ask about is what they say in the meetings or really anything about his sponser. I don't feel that is my business unless he says it. Most of the time I can a least refrain from bringing it up at all unless he does.

At least that "brain fog" he had before seems better. Now it's just random crabby moments.