View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aquiana

So I actually think he's doing it....

but I still don't know if I'm deluded or not. G is still going to his meetings. Still only twice a week. I asked if they ever told him he should go to anymore than that and they I guess told him to go to as many as he felt he could, and his friend there/sponser told him he could call him or come over any time in between. Even at 3 a.m. if that's what's neccessary. So far, no drinks that I know of. He seems to have made it through last weeks hockey tournament. He said a few of them asked him why he wasn't drinking but they didn't really push the issue. He turned down one from my dad, dad had a major brain fart I'm guessing and he also turned down going to a party his friends called him about the other night. They were sitting around watching hockey and drinking beer. Yesterday he was over and after about an hour he started to get mega grouchy. Snapping all over the place. Finally I told him to go and leave me alone if he was going to be that way. He came back a little later and told me there was something he had to tell me. He said he stopped outside of two liquor stores that day. The first one he said he pulled up and sat there for a few minutes before he shook his head and left. The second he said he couldn't even believe he stopped again. He said he just pulled up like it was the most natural thing on earth for him to do. Sick he said. After a minute he drove away. After his explanation he called his sponser from here and they went and "crashed" a party he said. An A.A. party. He talked to his parents last night but decided not to tell them yet that he quit. He said he feels he owes it to everyone to eventually tell since he made such a mess of things for everyone, but he doesn't want all the attention that would cause.

I'm being somewhat supportive from a distance. I'm still not ready to be 100% involved yet. I don't know if that's the right or wrong way to be really. It may not matter much anyway. He goes on Wednesday to court for his breach of probation so he still may wind up in jail. There is a part of me that is kind of feeling a little bad for that, but another part that still knows I did the only thing I could do at that point. If I hadn't gone and called the police, I'm positive that he's be drinking for sure right now. I might have killed the relationship but at least he'll have a chance now if he keeps it up.

I hope he's not BSing again. Only time will tell I suppose.