Thread: I need rehab...
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 03:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trish
Paused

Valleygirl16116
That's the first part...realizing their is a problem. Denial is definately hard to come to terms with. You have realized it, now work from there.
I had alot of problems with CPS because everytime my kids were born...they had methadone in their systems. So of course, the department is called in. I fully understood why, just wished they understood me. Things aren't like years ago. The jobs of these social workers is to mend families back together, not remove the kids. Unless there are major abuse and neglect issues. Going back, some workers I had sucked and some were good. Feel these people out and don't lay everything on the table because then you become vulnerable to them. Take it slow and before you say to much, just make sure that these people understand that you need to do this for you and your kids. Also check around these boards for help...women in recovery have many good topics that I think would be helpful.
I know it's hard, with the kids. I have those problems too. I think that you should call your local social service department and see what services are available to you.
Hang in there and if you ever want to talk, email me.

Things will work out. Remember we didn't become drug addicts over night and recovery will be the same way.