View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
chwaquarius

This information on DV and Chemically involved partners is very informative and enlightening. I have recently left an alcoholic whom I was with with just about 20 years. Over the years the relationship went from simplely being verbally and psychologically abusive to the erruption of physical violence.

I have since left and pursued my own recovery as well as the recovery of our children. The matters which once were insurmountable living with an abusive alcoholic now seem tolerable. The insanity of it all, looking back is astonishing. This article helped me put some of my co-dependent tendencies into perspective, however. Until my HP could get me and my children out safely, I had to take steps to survive and in that regard, I'm thankful for my codependent tendencies. That said, I realize I have a lot of recoverying to do in my own right as do our children. We have all been given yet another lable - suffering from PTSD.

We are now fighting custodial and visitation rights in court, which today, is the most insurmountable fear I have. I pray constantly that my HP, whom I call God, will see me and our children through this safely and together!

Thanks for the post!