View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hoping4Hope

Originally Posted by Aquiana
But I can't help get this feeling that he's trying to do it all too fast and he's going to overwhelm himself. It's like a chicken with the head cut off.
I don't have anything wise to say, and I know I'm new here but I just HAD to respond to this part!

Right now, I'm going through the same thing in my life in regards to finding myself spiritually and this is a really good way to describe what *I'm* experiencing! Everything has become clear to me, and I'm really overwhelming myself with all that I need to learn and do! But I think the point to this is that it's normal for each and every individual to experience things on their own terms. Maybe he will learn to slow it down a little bit and take it one day at a time(like I'm trying to do), or maybe he won't. But whatever it takes for HIM to come to terms with what he's going through, let him. It might seem weird or even overwhelming to you, but I can say when you find something, and are really motivated by it, you can't help but be excited about it and want to overload yourself with all the knowledge you can get! That's how I feel today.

I probably made no sense, nor really helped out with anything wise to say, but again, I just had to say something, because the quoted part really describes me at this time.