View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aquiana

I think G is freaking out....

It's been a few weeks after the incident with his arrest. We are still speaking at the moment. Not really in a romantic sort of way, more of my having his son sort of way. There have been alot of things going on with him though. Too many in my opinion and I'm a little nervous for him. He still says he's not going to drink. I know I've heard that before so I don't really believe it but he has been going to all the A.A. meetings. I'm shocked about that for starters. He actually seems on some levels to be enjoying going. He says they've been letting him do alot of speaking, and he's getting alot of things out that he's been holding in for ages. I say I think he's freaking out because there seems to be a whole slew of regrets pouring out of him right now. This started shortly before the incident by the way but seems to have gotten worse now. I don't think it's a bad thing for him to think about his past, and the way his life went but the problem is that he seems to be stuck there. It's like he's waiting for a rewind button. He's just thinking he's a major screw-up I guess. It's all about all the people he let down. There was also alot he finally admitted to me. Like how much he was actually drinking and that he's hurting now that he's not. He said after a couple of days without, his guts are hurting bad.

So now he's fixing things, trying to get his problems straightened out. Really he is! But I can't help get this feeling that he's trying to do it all too fast and he's going to overwhelm himself. It's like a chicken with the head cut off. Another thing I noticed is that sometimes his head seems a little....foggy for lack of a better word. Not like the alcohol fog, but more like he's just confused. Unorganized I guess.

I don't know if I even came close to describing how weird he's been lately. He claims it's because he finally realized he had to grow up and act his age. He says that's why he's thinking so much about what went wrong. I think, he's been acting like someone died. Mid-life crisis crossed my mind. Is that normal?