Old 03-03-2006, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
escape artist

i feel your pain standing. my realization is that even though my ah needs to Learn Lots of Lessons- it is really not in my power to do anything except Learn my Own. the funny thing is, the more i let go of His situation the more i get to witness things around him which are indicators of his lesson in progress. such as when my youngest says, "is daddy babysitting us tonite?"- and he stresses he's not "babysitting" but he is "watching"- while my unspoken thoughts were- this man is NOT living up to his responsibilities as a father- and his little one hour stints with the girls is NOT making up for his utter abandonment of this family. - so i thought it was rather poignant that my littlest said exactly the right word- innocently enough- which we know he HEARD because of his reaction to it. little things like that. but it is not my place to drive his lessons home.. bedsides as you know he would try to blame me for it- and dismiss it.
saying a prayer for you and yours standingstrong. it is hard and it is painful, but it is worth it.