View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
bikerbabie

I'm not even sure I'm in the right place but here it goes... my 15 almost 16 yr older daughter has reccently been put on Topamax as a mood stabalzer.. forgive me spelling.. I know what it was made for as my husband and I are also on anti seisures in this new BS thinking of Dr's that they can be used for pain... which in the last year.. they haven't worked for that purpose either... she is still as hateful as she was before... she has it in her head they will help her lose weight ... they did when she was in the hospital... we told her there she was on a balanced diet.. that's what helped her lose the weight.. here we are finding hidden food... her Dr... of course is seeing us as the bad gys... due to what she says... her friends see us as the cool parents... even her BF... says she is a spoiled brat and doesn't need the meds... just an old fashion butt bustin.. but you can't do that these days... like we did our older kids... are there any medical facts to back up.. anti seizure meds being used successfully for anything other than seizures?... We can't find any.. any where..We are living proof.. they don't work for the pain theory.They also haave her on 200mg of seroquil against our wishes..what can a parent do?Especial when you know your kid sleeps and they tell a Dr that they don't