View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stephanie

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. It's so true. I went to two of the biggest party schools going too. At one school it snows from like September to may so the only thing to do is party. I think the difference between the alcoholic and the person that parties a lot in college is that the alcoholic continues to drink just as heavily while others move on to more productive past times It was a big blow for me because in College everyone drank like me. After I went out into the real world I had a hard time understanding why it wasn't easy to find drugs and why my co-workers didn't want to drink at lunch and go for drinks after work. However like every good alcoholic, I found people who drank like me and so the story goes.

It's not a good message to send 17 and 18 yr old kids but chances are the ones who became alcoholic, like me, were already drinking and would have found a way to continue anyway. My sister never got into partying in college, probably the minimal and that's what she still does today. It's of course that same old argument that I don't dare mention Are some people predispositioned to be alcoholic no matter what environment they are in????