View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

loves me very much,
Ok Warrior, you know I've had a rough day from reading my earlier post and you know I'm no expert. This is what gets me though...

I've even said that about my AH and really--- if they "loved us so much," why have they continued repeatedly to show us that they and their alcoholism is what is most important to them? Why have they neglected us, disrespected us, lied to us and abused us (emotionally, physically or whatever) time and time again? Love is NOT pink and fluffy but IT IS DEFINITELY NOT THIS.

I think that everyone's honeymoon phase wears off. Good relationships do take constant effort from BOTH people. There needs to be a mutual respect there and a dignity regarding the sanctity of the releationship at all times. If two people are on the "same emotional page," this very real and everlasting love exists in my opinion. With an A though, you are NEVER ever on the same page. You are never even on the same wavelength if you are sober and he/she is drunk 95% of the time.

When you sit and think about "is it better out there?," think about it in terms of you being alone. I'm finding that another relationship or what the future may hold for me in the love dept. is the last thing I need to be thinking about right now. It is all about me!!! What is best for me??? For me, I enjoy being alone and being my own good company and my own boss. Give me an animal as a companion and I'm a happy camper. I would much rather have that serenity than deal with what I'm dealing with now. If I meet someone I think is "great," believe you me when I say I will TAKE MY SWEET TIME with this person and not be blinded by the infatuation phase. I will be much smarter if I enter a relationship in the future. I will be very aware that pink and fluffy only lasts for so long no matter how great the person. Sleep well and a big hug to you.