Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
always

Hi def- You should be so proud that you are standing up for your self & rejecting the negative attempts to control your behavour by others. Your situtation again makes me question what comes first.. Alcoholism or Narcissists? I really am starting to believe they co exsist more often than not. The following is a quote from http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/traits.html
"Narcissists are (a) extremely sensitive to personal criticism and (b) extremely critical of other people. They think that they must be seen as perfect or superior or infallible, next to god-like (if not actually divine, then sitting on the right hand of God) -- or else they are worthless. There's no middle ground of ordinary normal humanity for narcissists. They can't tolerate the least disagreement. In fact, if you say, "Please don't do that again -- it hurts," narcissists will turn around and do it again harder to prove that they were right the first time; their reasoning seems to be something like "I am a good person and can do no wrong; therefore, I didn't hurt you and you are lying about it now..." -- sorry, folks, I get lost after that. Anyhow, narcissists are habitually cruel in little ways, as well as big ones, because they're paying attention to their fantasy and not to you, but the bruises on you are REAL, not in your imagination."

Last edited by always; 02-27-2006 at 08:07 AM. Reason: hit return & posted to quickly