Old 02-26-2006, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DefofLov
Survivor

Red face I am gay now? Couldn't have anything to do with alcoholism eh?

Remember I posted about not going to graduation? Well, I had my first confrontation ever with my mother about her drinking and she blew me off. I talked to her about a possible cancer lump that isn't getting treated, told her the drinking bothered me, and I told her I wasn't going to graduation. This is how that conversation went:

I asked her if she knew that I told my sister and brothers about her lump and she said yes. I asked her why she didn't talk to me afterwards about it or anything and she was like, "it's not that serious." She claims that the doctors told her it was just a milk duct and it was nothing to worry about. I don't believe her at all because she told me that before she went to the doctors and I just dont feel like doctors will tell a former cancer patient who had one breast removed already "oh dont worry about it, it is just a swollen milk duct, pfft, nothing to worry about at all." So, I suppose telling us the doctors told her it was okay is supposed to get us to shut up and deal with it. Then, I was like, well I need to talk to you about the drinking. She was like, 'well, I haven't been drinking in a like a month.' I said, 'well, when I was there the few times you drank did bother me and in fact your drinking has always bothered me, I just never said anything about it.' She was like, 'okay, whatever. anything else?' I said, 'well yes, I am not going to graduation.' She was like, 'you are not going to your own graduation?' I said, 'nope.' Then she said, 'is that it?' And we hung up. It took all of 3 minutes and 10 seconds to have that entire conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So...I talked to my brother today and she told him, "I dont think its the drinking, I think she is gay or something is going on with her." It seems that instead of actually dealing with the fact that her drinking has resulted in me not going to graduation, she has decided to blame it on me...by assuming I have some kind of secret gay life.

I mean, I am so tickled. If that wasn't the most alcoholic thing to do!

~Def