View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
equus

I really didn't hold out hope for this - but I was still hoping if that makes sense. On D's first appointment the CPN told him she drops 90% of clients after the initial assessment, mostly because they were wrongly refered and her case load is stretched to hell and back. If she had refered D on we would have faced another 13 week wait even IF they accepted the referal after having already refused it almost half a dozen times.

He's never had ANY committment to future help beyond the next date. With things having improved so much it wasn't until I heard today's news that I realised how much I even hate the thought of that void.

I remember I got so angry once after the whatever number refused referal that I said to D's doc (with D sat next to me!!) that I wished it would happen to them, I wished it would happen to their loved ones, I wished they would feel like I felt and know what they were doing, I wished they could SEE and FEEL what just refusing to help was doing to us both. I've regretted that day lots of times since - I wouldn't really wish it on anyone.

Part of me still wants them to know though - just not to be hurt finding out. Mind you I have a feeling D's doc and the GP practice did a lot to carry the message forward.