View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rose56

sorting through it.........

Hi,
Yesterday was our 19th wedding anniversary and I had to travel out of town on business. We had a brief moment in the morning before I left and then we talked later in the day. When I mentioned that it was 19 years hubby said "I wonder if we will make it to 20?"

He asks this question often, like he is living on borrowed time with me. It feels like pressure to me, like he wants me to assure him that everything will be ok. And sometimes I do. But other times I say something like it depends on you, and other times I say nothing.

THis has been happening more frequently lately. I don't want this pressure on top of everything else. I know it is a way for him to releive his tension about his situation.

Any suggestions?

Also, my son is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks. My sister was talking to him the other day and asking him what he wanted as a gift for his graduation. He said he wanted money so that he could get his own apartment. WHen they started discussing it he mentioned how I was going to help him find a place etc. She is concerned that he is depending on me too much to work this all out for him.

My problem: I am tired of defending my children, especially my son from well meaning family members. Understand that my sister is the closest person to me on this earth. And I understand she has a point.

OK I ADMIT IT!!!! I DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB OF RAISING MY CHILDREN AND THEY WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE!!!! GET OFF MY BACK!!! DONT YOU JUST WANT ME TO GET IN THERE AND FIX THIS NEW PROBLEM WITH MY SON??? MAYBE I GIVE UP. MAYBE I WILL LET HIM WORK IT OUT ON HIS OWN - I MEAN HIS SKREWED UP NESS!!!!

Ok thanks, I got that off my chest. I am tired of taking responsibility for my children and my husband's life. This is the good news I think, now I can focus on mine.

THanks as always for listening.