View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2many2count

WOW what a post. Just 5 minutes ago my son (10) comes to me crying saying that Dad (step-dad) promised to play Scrabble with me tonight and he won't. Well, he's snoring on the couch. I truly understand the letting down part. It breaks my heart and makes me want to take his head off. Children are innocent. They don't understand. My husband now is Bi-Polar and used to drink quite excessively and what a jerk he can be. I have learned to surround my children with MY love. I have also learned that you can't make someone be what you want them to be or make them do what you want them to do. It has to come from within their soul. You can tell him now until you are blue in the face that he is making a mistake but until the truly see it all you are is a nag to him. I have started taking the role of MOM and DAD. Me, out playing basketball with my son? Good gracious!That was the furthest thing from my mind but if it brings a smile to his face it was worth every backache and muscle pain. I stopped trying to FIX everything and started living again. If he wants to be a part of it great but if not then I'm still moving forward. I got too exhausted with arguing over why he doesn't follow through with promises. Arguing took so much out of me that now I'd rather have tea parties with my girls (i have 3) and play basketball and dig up worms with my son. I don't react anymore. Instead of me bringing it to his attention he needs to wake up and smell the coffee himself.So.....guess what I'm fixing to do? Play Scrabble with my son.
I hope I didn't sound like I was talking in circles and I hope it makes a little sense to ya.

Take care and BIG (((((Hugs)))))

2many2count