View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Jewel,

Do not...let me say it again....DO NOT beat yourself up for calling the police. Think about your choices...were there any? He came to your home, damaged property and threatened you. I know I have felt bad for the Beav when my Ward and him have gone at it. That is a hard one...but your son caused this to happen.

Also...he does have a bed. Perhaps it is a dump but he isn't in the street. He has lost his friends due to his own behavior. That is true of the Beav as well. He is alone.

Try to look at this like he is a stranger...because he is right now. I doubt he will go to prison...altho I do not know your laws there. Here, our jails are so full that they continue to give them more and more chances. Probation is was the Beav has always gotten. Now, finally he is facing prison time. After almost 10 years.

Today will be horrible...tommorrow a bit better. And the day after that will be better still. Your son will make all kinds of noice in an effort to make you feel like all of this is your fault. Do not let him know you buy into that even if you do. Fake it. That is his disease talking. That is him not wanting to take responsibilty. Or he will beg your forgiveness and ask for your help.

If you help him out of this it will happen again and again. That is his disease.

Come here every hour if you need too. We are here for you and I for one have been in your shoes. I know exactly how you feel today.

Huge hugs and ton's of prayers,
JT