View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You are too funny MG...."the look". I think for me someone else, not me, is giving me "the look" and I react. I don't react at them...I turn it in.

I think those "feelings" we get, like giving ourselves "the look" come from the past.

The characture defects I first worked on in Alanon were things I had learned to survive. Obviously they were not working for me so I had to begin by taking a look at them in a detached way. Seeing what the results were. Then starting to change them.

In this case when I have a feeling that is negative...like someone is judging me...I have to separate it, attempt to identify it and not react to it (at the very least, for now). We have no way to know what another is thinking #1 and so what if they are judging. That is their problem. I think if I continue to identify the feelings or voices they will begin to point me somewhere.

Like my intuition is a voice inside, so this is a voice too. I have to learn to listen to it and for now, at least, take note.

I find it interesting in the above, even tho I always knew it was true...that codependence is directly related to messages we recieved as a child.

Hugs,
JT

Hugs,
JT