View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
illbeback

This is a great thread for me. Lots of encouragement and it sounds like everyone here's on the right track. For the record, my cold turkey was totally unplanned and unwanted. I'd been getting my pills online and had everything set up perfect for my refill...then BAM! something happened at the pharmacy and I find out the day my refill is supposed to arrive that it may be a couple days. OK, I can handle a couple days being uncomfortable...I've done it before. Then 2 days delay became 4 days...then it was the weekend! Holy s**t, when I realized that my pills weren't coming until the following week, I really lost it. But, by Saturday, I made peace with the fact that I had a problem and that I never wanted to put myself through that again. It's been totally liberating. Honestly, if I realized that my refill would be delayed that long, I would have gone to a local doctor to get more pills (or perhaps to get something to help with the detox), but I thought every day that the refill would come. Sigh. Best thing that ever happened to me and all due to some fluke in the system.