View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stephanie

I am not going to talk about myself in this thread until later when I have quality time. I have three boys with capes on running around me screaming and tackling eachother and even though that's quality time in its own right it doesn't make for great concentration.

I talk about how alcoholic my husbands behavior is, but there are ways he deals with things that in a way, seem so much healthier than I'm accustumed to. For example, if we have a fight, I always have to process everything to death until I can have closure with it and feel better. He looks at it as it's a new day, let it go....and he usually does.

His father committed suicide a few yrs. ago and I'm always looking for some underlying reason for his behavior having to do with this issue. He insists he's dealt with it and that's it. The only time he did talk about it, he said he doesn't respect his dad because of what he did and that he thought it was incredibly selfish to deal with his problems that way.

I complain about his inability to look at his part in things but on the other side of it I tend to question myself and beat myself up for everything. I was the scapegoat in my family so I'm used to thinking everything is my fault. I mean he seems a lot healthier in regard to forgiving himself.