View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
free2see

Good woops. I hope my combination works for you. and for me! Anyway, we can travel together down this rocky road. Actually, I often think of the lord of the rings as a good an analogy to quitting. The ring is the drug-the burden, the heavy weight that we carry. Suaron (the eye) the addict, the temptation. and yes, we, feeling so small and hobbit-like must suffer through a place like mordor, climb up to our mountain of doom and rid ourselves of the weight we carry-all the while thinking of the journey home, the light out of darkness and despair.

illbeback-congrat's on day 10. I think for some people the cold turkey route can work- If you can get through it it is a very powerful reminder for the future. For me though, it was too much.

I'm on day 3 of total taper, and day 2 of 4 per day down from 8. I don't feel good when I take my dose but it gives me a couple hours of relief from the WD symptoms. That helps alot-to be able to look forward to an hour or two of relief every 5 hours or so. It will get more difficult but by wed. (last dose day) I'm hoping that the amount of vicoden in my system will be low enough that the WD there after won't be that bad. We'll see- Anyway, I'm done with this s**t. I called my source of med's yesterday and cut the cord-so, no rescue, no life line for the addict.

Thanks all for your support