Thread: Hurt not mad
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mallowcup

Hurt not mad

Since I've been coming here, I have had great success in seperating myself from my husbands drinking. I go about my business, I cook for myself, I don't plan my work around his drinking anymore, if he's home great, if he's out drinking, I don't call, I don't wait up. It has been very healthy and emancipating for me. My step son is home for a visit, he is 26 and his divorce was final last week. They have gone to the bar in town every single day this week at 1pm and stayed until 6 or 7pm. No call. Four days in a row now. Yesterday, they both came home walking sideways. I got no call so I didn't cook. About an hour into the grammys, my husband said he was out of beer and was going to the store across the street. He came back an hour and a half later. He had not gone to the store but to the bar around the corner. This did urk me as he left our drunk step son babbling to me. I went to bed. Later in the night my husband was drunk and stinking of alcohol when he came to bed. He fell asleep and pulled me close, I just wormed away. He talks in his sleep and said, "Hurry up, s--- my c--- and hurry up, my wife will be home soon." Then in fragmented sentences he said, "yeah, she's a nice girl but that's just BS". I have learned to control my anger, how do I interpret what he said and should I forget what he said or investigate it?