View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2many2count

Getting through it day by day.....

It has been a while since I last posted and for good reason. I have been so busy and by the time I get the kids settled in for bed I crash out with them. I have found that focusing on each day and not trying to look ahead is helping me cope with everything. My husband is still bi-polar and an alcoholic and all the worrying in the world isn't going to change that. I have put all of my energy into me and the kids. I have been teaching my 3 year old how to write her name. I am teaching my 2 year old how to say her ABC's. I'm teaching my daughter who is 11 to draw with her eyes and not her mind. I am playing basketball with my son who is 10. Yesterday, my 3 year old asked me is we could have a picnic today because the older 2 are out of school and I just smiled because she is so innocent and I'd really love to make some sandwiches and have a "tea party" with my girls. We'll let my son be the waiter . I have decided to just focus on me for a while. I get too exhausted trying to fix everyone else.
I have started walking with the girls in the evening with one in the stroller and one running! WOW! She can run and she is giving me a workout that I really needed! So, as of today, I am enjoying me. Its still hard when I'm faced with problems concerning my husband but I don't let it consume me anymore. I just let it roll off my back and say "This too shall pass" and it usually does.

Learning to Dance,
2many2count