Thread: I am holding on
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
parent
Paused

I am holding on

Hi,

I am holding on as my son works on his new clean life and preparing to a parent. He is still needy financially and his pregnant gf is still living with us. They are suppose to move out the end of this month and I have not idea how they are going to do it financially. Gf has just applied for financial assistance. I hear all sorts of horror stories about parents paying their way even when they move out.
I am looking for suggestions on when and where I should help out. We all have been collecting household things to help set up their place. They are excited about it all even though 99% of the stuff is hand me downs. I am getting antsy that this move WILL NOT happen and I am getting antsy that this move WILL happen. Even so, I am encouraging and pressuring them to move out. I don't know what to expect when this happens.
But in the meantime....
It is so frustrating having to pay for everything STILL...didn't count on him needing money to live! Funny, when they are using all the money goes to drugs...when they are clean they now need money to get on with life. My meetings are helping...and I know that it will take time for them to be self sufficent. All is not bad, he is paying me what he can and doing alot of extras around the house. He is really not looking for a job seriously because he is behind in doing his community hours. And now, he is driving his GF to all her doctor appointments and such things. Plus, he has his own appointments and things to do, too. This is the addict behavour that I am having a hard time coping with. The behaviour still exists and we really are making baby steps in many areas....(There is sooooo many areas). I really am getting frustrated with the MONEY area!

Always,
Parent
Always,
Parent