View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Red face ((((Mama Goose))))

Originally Posted by MamaGoose
Dear DWI,
I did not mean to insult you. Jon who started this web site wrote that. It's a sticky on the Nar-Anon forum and unfortunately it is what most of us have dealt with.
We codies have a hard time understanding that helping our addicts is really hurting them in the long run.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't take that so personally. I am still having a hard time when I see stuff like that. It's just hard because I fight so hard to not do the drugs, I quit so I would never be like that, then I see that, and it's just really hard. My first instinct is just not a good one. I have prepped myself when I go into the Naranon board to not get offended or to suck it up when I do, and I do sometimes, but here I'm not too good at that yet.

Your right in that most of you have gone through more hell than I can imagine. It is probably part of what stopped me from going into deep into addiction. So I guess in some random way it's good for me to get pissed off when I see stuff like that. Because your right the majority of addicts have done some crazy stuff.

I appologize for jumping the gun. I always feel bad after I write something like that. Thank you for your post........

All this is such a reminder to me to stay off the drugs......