View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

S.J.

I do understand where you are coming from. Some people may tell you that your plan won't work. But I am more about, he's your son so you've got to try first. I get that whole part about not being ready for rehab because you aren't ready for rehab when your high, lol, it's
"out of the question"~Whatever are THEY thinking!
lol, when I first came here, I wasn't gung ho on quitting. Well part of me was, but I WAS SCARED........ I was scared it would be something that I wouldn't be able to do. I DID WANT TO STOP, but how do you stop using something that is keeping you alive. It's not really but it sure feels like it.
It's a mind numbing process that happens upstairs.

I think you are onto something about your husband. Plus if he has to confront his son's addiction then maybe he'll have to confront his own and "HIS PART" in his son's addiction.
Not that it was his dad's fault, but kids learn stuff. And they DO watch there parents....

I say continue with the intervention, throw some love and some tough love in there. Give him choices. If he continues to use, this is what he is going to lose............... and how none of you will stand around and watch him die, on the other hand if he chooses to live, you will be behind him all the way. Back up your plan though, drug tests, rules, etc.
Expect him to be angry, upset, confused, and want to run at first.
That is what i may have done. It wouldnt' have meant I didn't want help, it would have been me "being scared".........

Go with your gut, Hang in there, and BE STRONG..........

Keep posting..