View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hi (((St. Jude)))

TO
SR
You sure do sound like a great mom!! Good on you for not giving up on him. First slow down, deep breath for you.
That's a really good sign that he wants to turn around and other stuff you said. I gave up an addiction to crystal meth 12 weeks ago on Tuesday. It's tough, agonizingly tough, but it's possible.

I was wondering why do you want him to detox with you for 30 days first AND THEN go into rehab. That seems backwards to me a little bit, not judging you just wondering. The reason I wonder is because and I don't mean this rude, but a hosp. is more qualified to help him through a detox than family members are.
I think I can understand your thinking though, is it because you are afraid of him failing in rehab so you want to get him a bit better to go to rehab so he doesn't fail and gets more out of it? I'm just guessing here, because I can understand that.

I don't know why your husband had a sudden switch of plans but I don't think his plan is going to work out all that well, like he thinks it is. If he gets a job, has his car, etc.
Great, he's going to have extra money in his pocket, extra money to buy?????

I won't say babysitting him for 30 days won't work, it's worth a try, but I would only do that if it's something HE agrees to, if there is any resistance on his part right now, I'd be very leary about it. The only way to really recovery is to want too. They say only 10% of meth users ever recover, they say they need long term rehab. If I had that option of rehab, I would have taken it. I did it, without rehab, without family support, I did it with myself and the people here at SR. It can be done.

I guess I'm not giving you any answers, but maybe just giving you more things to think about. (((((sorry))))..
I guess it's hard to know because of some of the open questions.

There are some great people here who will come around and give you some other advice, and lol, probably more questions. I am most curious why not a rehab right away though. If he's willing to go? and then have him come and stay with you guys.......

Please keep us posted. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

DWI