View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mythreesons
Grateful Member!

Originally Posted by canada1
A has been in rehab for a month now and I think I am finally beginning to believe him. He is a changed man. I am still reserving complete faith in him- I have been disappointed by him more times than I can count. But he is different. I see it when I visit him in rehab. I see it when he has his weekend passes and comes around to see us. He is interested in his daughter. He is apologetic to me. I don't know if we will ever get back together, but for my daughter's sake I am so happy that he has done this. In my mind, A was a hopless case. I had given up on him. I just wanted to tell someone that. There is always a chance. We may give up, but God never does.
What wonderful news for all of you! It really is a miracle when they finally take that first step. I can relate completely to "He is a changed man", on my second visit to see my RAH in rehab I saw it too! I couldn't pin point any one thing because it was an overall "attitude overhaul." I was very cautiously hopeful and I still am. He was 30 days clean and sober yesterday. And, I didn't even know. One of my alanon buddies told me not to count the days so I don't, but he came home from his meeting and told me. It is a real milestone for him and I could see and hear his grateful pride.

We have had a wonderful two weeks together as a communicating, functioning family in recovery and it is a miracle. If anyone told me 6 weeks ago what we would be doing today, I never would have believed them! There is hope. For today, our family is living proof.

Have you tried Alanon?