Thread: A bad weekend
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XD40FAN

A bad weekend

Lets just begin this story on Thursday, is it is now (for me, at least) Saturday night. Bare with me if you want to:

Thursday afternoon: Doctors appointment. Am prescribed Ambien (for sleep), Lexapro (for anxiety and depression), and Campral (for alcohol withdrawls). Ok, I don't much like pills, but I'll give it a shot.

Friday: New meds are reeking havoc on me. I catch the flu that has been going around work. Call in - take the day off. Get a haircut, have breakfast at Denny's (hadn't eaten in days). Go to Home Depot for packing materials - more on this in a moment. Go home and pack the ex-girlfriends things for moving out. I'm running a fever, but I spend all day going around the house, cars, safes, etc. packing her stuff. She goes out of town for the weekend.

Saturday: Wake up at 7:00am to finish packing her things. Finish at 9:00am (narrow window to deliver her things to her parents house), Dad shows up, and with an unfaltering heart-of-gold, help me load her things and deliver to her parent's house. Deal with her not-biological-father's BS while there. Quick and almost painless. Go home. Meet with my ex-mother in law for lunch. We haven't spoken in almost a year - all in all a wonderful woman. She informs me that my recovered-from-meth-a-year-ago ex-wife had recently gotten pregnant (and subsequent abortion) in the last few months and wanted to know how I was doing. Wow - I was looking forward to that. Still sick. Big fever, big headache. Want a drink more than anything in the world, but won't. Thats not me anymore - I can't do it, I don't need it. But so help me God if there was something I could do to fix all of this, I would in a heartbeat.

Thank you for listening,

Josh