View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
c'est la vie

I'm getting ready to go to a fundraiser "gala" for the school and just wanted to check into SR to get grounded. It was so nice to read these recent posts. I went to a meeting this morning and had to leave a few minutes early. Two women followed me out to the hall and gave me some suggestions of how to handle things if they get uncomfortable tonight and I have one of the ladies' phone number. I thought it was so nice that they were concerned enough to leave the meeting to give me some words of wisdom. I've never felt so much concern in all my life. I've always been a do-it-yourself kind of person and don't ask for help. It was the hardest thing just going to the first meeting since it meant I was accepting that I can't do this by myself. I'm glad to hear over and over that it's OK to ask for help and accept it when it's offered.
It makes me nervous that I'll get tired of this "new thing" in my life (alcoholism). I don't have a great attention span.

Send postitive vibes my way tonight as I try to look pretty and sound interesting without the aid of alcohol!