Old 04-21-2024, 11:20 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
tufty13

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Lol DD

And exactly the way I’m approaching it. Though this time it doesn’t seem like such a struggle. I’m in exactly the right head space. Thrown the towel in absolutely. Either that, or you’ve motivated me with your mastery DD. You mudder fudge with panache.

I’m loving feeling healthier too, tufty. I’m breathing easier, my skin has improved, sparkling eyes lol and I feel clean. It’s a great feeling. My wallet healthier, too.

Must be careful. I think I’m turning into a motivational speaker. 😜

Thank you both.

Day 25
Whaaaaa long post elert.

That feeling of general well-being is the catch for me. It's the thing I love most about saying toodle-oo to the booze and fags. Clear lungs, fresh breath, & yes, my eyes are much brighter. There was the mother of all bumpers lying in the ashtray of a pub garden yesterday. It looked up at me with a longing stare, "pick me, pick meeee" it whispered whilst fluttering it's ashen eyes at me. I caught myself getting momentarily excited at it's seductively long, kink-free body and smooth patter before remembering that I'm in training to be a reformed character.

If you're not a motivational speaker, Steely, you 100% are a already a motivational poster.

Back in the day when I was a suited and booted corporate bore, I used to coach my sales guys on a Book titled The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. It was brilliant. What I learned is that I understood and absorbed much more about that book when I was explaining and coaching it to others, than I did by just reading it myself. The point I'm making is that I'm sure that it's the same with posting on this forum about abstinence. I'm sure if Dee were to read this he'd agree that helping and motivating others strengthens his understanding and motivation of what it takes to be sober and clean himself. And I would guess it's the same for you, Steely. Your motivational posting, pulling and cajoling people across the sober line helps you to keep your own house in order too?? You've definitely got the motivational gift. Perhaps it's an Aussie thing?

Right, I'm outta here. I've got a long and happy smoke and weed and booze free day ahead of me.

Keep up the great work, Steely. You're doing an amazing job.