View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

Originally Posted by winelover
I've gone to 4 meetings this week and for the most part I've felt good, but today I'm feeling low. I made it past a week on Wednesday and was happy, but yesterday was miserable around dinner time. The kids were making me crazy and my husband didn't make it home until about 8pm. I talked on the phone with my temp sponsor and I guess it helped to pass a few minutes. It feels like the strangest thing to call someone and tell them you're feeling like sh*t. Isn't that a pretty selfish thing to do? I really wanted to crawl in a hole and cry (preferably to get really drunk and drown out the chaos), but she insisted that I call when I felt like that so I did. I went to a meeting again today, but don't feel really super. I want it to change quickly. I don't feel a whole lot different.
When I was going through my separation/divorce, I became suicidal. I was completely ready to be done with it all. Like you, I wanted it to change quickly. Luckily, I found a support group for people going through my particular type of separation/divorce. I leaned on those people like you wouldn't believe. They saved my life.

One thing I learned through that experience, also through reading Kurt Vonnegut, is that human beings need each other. It's not a one-way street. We need each other always and we are supposed to help each other. Don't be afraid of asking for and accepting help. You'll be able to return it when you are stronger.