View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1_day@_a_time

See your post here, you suggested someone lie.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ght-84932.html

You say picking apart peoples posts. Maybe it's calling people on their BS. If you look around, I suggest what has worked for so many.

I've been coming here for yrs. It's easy to spot people who are blowing smoke. From miles away.

I have continued to suggest people get involved in AA, or some sort of formal program. People continue to come up with nothing but excuses. Denial.

The cold hard truth is, most don't get or stay sober. Even working a good program. I have seen countless go back out, after 10 and 20 yrs of sobriety.

I have seen countless people die.

Those who have been around sobriety for any lenght of time will tell you, this is a disease, and should be taken seriously. Very, very seriously. It's life and death.

Seriously, how could you know what works for some, and not others, when you have no experience with sobriety?

Your statement, "You did a program" suggests you have little experience what a "program" is.

I did not go into rehab, sober living or a hospital. I decided one day, after 25 of drinking and using, and destroying lives I was done. Finished. Bottomed out.

With the help of AA, my sponsor, meetings, working the 12 steps, and sponsering people, I got and so far have stayed sober.

Seriously, what do you know about addiction?

I know checking your ego at the door and having some humility go a long way. What does a user name like beachbabe say? Are you full of yourself?

Oh, and for sure, I'm not your hun.