View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 04:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
LucyIntheGarden

tmc,

If you had sat in as many Al-Anon meetings as I did over the years, you would know that your "rage" and "yelling" are very common in the alcoholic marriage. Emotions are ramped up to the max, and the armor that usually keeps us civilized is shattered.

I hope you are at least physically safe. Just listen to your body, you have instincts that can alert you.

All his moaning and self-pity reminds me of the phrase passed around in AA, "Poor me, poor me, pour me a drink."

And, yes, he drank yesterday and today and will drink tomorrow and the next day and the day after that....or is planning to. He's an alcoholic and that's what alcoholics do. If he hasn't had a drink it doesn't mean the alcohol is out of his system. Or that his pre-frontal cortex is functioning normally and he is rational.

So: now that you have accepted that nothing you do will: (a) make him stop drinking or make him start drinking or (b) make him treat you with loving kindness.....all you can do is continue on your path toward health and happiness.