View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MystyDreamer
a work in progress

Thanks JG and constant for reading my ramble and for your understanding and input. You're both right, my kids more then likely understand more then I give them credit for and with everything they've gone thru are older then their years. I know it's best to sit them down and share with them some things they need to know before they go. I just need to find a way to break into it. Other then asking them how their Dad is doing when he calls them, we don't talk much about him. I'm afraid my anger towards him would colour my attitude and what might pop out wouldn't be nice, so I stay away from the subject with my kids. He is after all the father of my children and they love him, as they should. They do already know that if anything happens and they need someone, to call my g/f and she'll be there on the double. I guess the most frightening part for me is that they'll be so far away, obviously I've never been away from them for very long and never with this much distance. I guess I'd better be prepared for some heftly long distance bills this summer and who knows, they could be back sooner then expected? I don't as of yet have the exact time for their return flight Aug. 11th, (ex never seems to remember when I talk to him) which kind of leads me to believe the return is open.
Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts and reassurance that I'm not paranoid.
Mysty