View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 04:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
advbike

Haha, funny about your BOLO, free.. and glad to hear all is well, Zura.

Good job, Dickeknsen. I don't care for politics - the process, the egos, the money involved, etc. But it is what it is, whether I like it or not, and our democracy depends on people being educated, and voting. And not getting completely caught up in tribalism. So I participate when we are in voting season, because I want to try and get more people out to the voting booths, and or help educate them on matters that they may not be aware of.

It's a lazy Friday afternoon here - windy and rainy. Have tons of delicious food in the fridge, and an early dinner planned.. I can't for the life of me remember why I felt it was so enjoyable to drink on Friday nights to "unwind" or whatever.. - it has lost all appeal, and the thought of the 3 AM anxiety is frightening. I have been busy most of the day running errands and catching up on things, but it hasn't caused me any undue stress. If I want to rest I simply take a break.

I am still focused on eliminating sugar from my diet, and have lost 9 lbs (5% of my total weight) since I went to the tropics in early Dec. This is huge for me, but I admit I was a bit heavy at the time, so I had motivation to improve, lol. And we worked on it together, by not eating dinner most nights, and eating lots of veggies. I am continuing with that., and hope to lose another 8 lbs over the remainder of the year through diet and exercise. Thankfully, my knees are in good shape again.

Wishing all a great weekend, especially friends down under, who have already started it.