View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 05:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
toomanychances

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
It is scary! I think we tend to think (or at least we can), but I will be giving up this and what will I do about that and how will I manage. Then what? Do I have to start dating?? What about finances.

Especially if you have been married for some time, this is scary stuff, it wasn't in the plan, you didn't think you would have to deal with this, but you can.

A plan is a great thing. Write down all the things you are concerned about and go through them. You are probably feeling a bit overwhelmed? If you have a plan, you don't feel that way so much. Also remember, the house isn't actually on fire. You don't have to have all your ducks in a row in one day. Take one task a day and start on it. Try not to dip in to the other challenges until you complete one, or near complete.

It's painful, like the ending of every relationship, but there is no way around it. But it's painful now with no end in sight. I think one thing you will find, once you have a plan and get the ball rolling and even after you separate from him, is how much more peaceful you will feel.

I think he did hear you, he just chooses not to do it. He asked for permission for two reasons (in my opinion), so you would hopefully see how "innocent it is" (it's not) and if not, that you might think you are overreacting, at least.

He asked because he wants to feel less guilty about hurting you. It's all about him. Not to be confused with not wanting to hurt you.

​​​​​​
I don't feel like that was the person I married. There were red flags for sure - but it was definitely not all about him for a long time. He would say I've changed - but it is him who has changed.