View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ru4outoo

It is so worth it.

Giving up drinking has been so worth it. My life has totally changed for the good and I can see the difference in myself. I am 10 days shy of 8 months sober and I cant believe how happy I am. I have had my downs and I know I will continue to have them but that is part of life. When I was full force in my drinking I was so moody, I would get royally pissed at the smallist things, I was so impatient, I was all out angry, not fun to be around. Today I can have a bad day and not get as angry as I use to. For instance Monday I purchased a new computer and have had all kinds of trouble, took it back got a replacement, that one was messed up took it back and they had to order me another one and promised I would have it wednesday, It didnt show up so I called customer support and the order wasnt released for shipment.The released it so I will get it friday. When I was drinking I would of thrown a huge fit, cussed whoever I was talking to out but today I am calm and collective. The store where i purchased the computer from is going to give me 70 bucks for my trouble which I didnt ask for. Anyway I am so glad that I gave up drinking it is so worth it and I know I can pick up a drink tomorrow or even tonight if I wanted. But I dont want that. I love this feeling of freedom and finally out of hell that to me is reason not to drink. This really works, I never thaught in my wildest dreams that I could be so happy.