View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pekelover2

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think that you will always be the kind and empathetic person you are, now, dear Peke, just possibly a little less of what I was always told I was—oversensitive.

And hey, I am still oversensitive, just yesterday, for example, but these days, I don't dwell on things the way I used to; I pick myself up and move on.
But that took time, love, a long time, in fact.

I am only just growing up, maturing into an adult, SO LATE, but all of the years I drank stunted me, or rather, helped me to run from life.
And once I started facing things sober, I realised that I didn't know how to deal with a lot of things because so much of life was new to me.

My early days of sobriety were horrendous, especially after my relapse in 2014. It took 11 days before I could even stop crying and a month before I could go to a mall without having a panic attack.
And there was a lot to deal with—I had made a massive mess in every part of my life. There were some things I could never fix, so I worked on the things I could fix and the things I could change, and slowly began to feel better about myself.

I am a work in progress, doing my best one day at a time, sometimes messing up and sometimes achieving great things.

Suze xx ❤️
Thank you for your honesty, Venus. I appreciate it so much.
Every reply that I’ve received here on SR has been meaningful and helpful. I’m grateful to be here. ❤️