Old 01-14-2024, 05:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
But, you know, my brain is actually broken (I have a handful of other clinically diagnosed mental health issues I was attempting to address before I dove head-first into the bottle to escape them).
Welcome to SR Catastrophe.
I too have an addiction disorder with PTSD depression/anxiety syndrome. A comorbid addiction disorder is what it is called. I self-medicated myself into a deep hole where I had only one choice to make. I is not easy you are correct, it might be the hardest thing you will do in life and that is stop drinking.

I can't recover alone, we can recover together. I encourage you to post offen, reply to others in need, reply to others, you have something to offer no matter what you are going through. We participate together,recover together.

Distraction is good. When my mind becomes my foe, I move somewhere I can do something with my hands. I use my body to quell my busy mind. Tell the self-critic repletely to "SHUT UP" or "STOP over and over. I used a jingle in my head to stop the self-critic addiction voice from urging me to use drugs/alcohol.

Glad you're here