Old 01-14-2024, 05:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DriGuy

There are normies who understand alcoholism, but they are few and far between. For many of us, our family, peers, and closest friends, even the ones who want to help, have little to offer because they can't understand. One of my biggest assets was finding a group of recovering alcoholics to get me over the first bump. This is a good place. We've been there. We know what quitting is like, and collectively, we know many pathways out of the addiction. And there are many ways to do it, with just a few fundamentals that transcend all the paths, that are required for life long recovery.

I kind of understand the feeling like you don't have much to say, but I think it's more likely that you have a lot to say, but aren't sure where to begin. But keep in mind that you have to say things to be understood. We have a lot of information and experience, but most of the job ahead of you is going to be up to you. We can help, but you're going to do most of the work. You are also entitled to all the credit when you get the hang of recovery.