View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 03:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
needingtochange
needingtochange

"its confusing having two threads. The path of least resistance is to merge everything here in the Newcomers thread.
Dee. Thanks for the advice. Since I'm almost exclusively (okay, only in Newcomers thread) I wasn't sure how much visibility this question would get in Cafe Central. I know that people in Newcomers span the globe, but didn't want to clog it up with a travel question.
advbike, I work for an agency that deals with the flying public and know how a seemingly small thing in one place can have huge impact everywhere else, so I like to err on the side of caution. Somewhere between getting a room while waiting and doing the "OJ Simpson" through the airport. Better to have a little too much idle time than not enough.
venus, according to Delta, the flight should be in terminal 2 or 3. International arrivals/departures is in terminal B. It all looks much easier on a map! We'll see. I may try and call some folks at LAX, Tuesday to see what they advise. I'm old school (emphasis on old) so I always carry some cash. This time it'll be either US, AUS, or NZ dollars. We're travelling 13-26 March (Fall, in that neck of the woods.) I'm expecting to have a good time. I've never heard anything bad from friends who've been there.
Thanks for all the well wishes.