View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KneePads

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal View Post
Just responded to you on the other topic and now I saw this and could relate a lot! I can't sit still and watch TV, to me it's the most boring and borderline torturous way of the usual entertainment options. I came to the conclusion that my brain needs a higher level of engagement than that. So I basically watch no TV unless I do it while I do some other more physical task simultaneously like baking, ironing, sewing, working out etc. That really helps to stay focused on whatever I watch!
Eating poorly is also something that affects my mood much more than I ever thought was possible. Recently I've read a lot about how much the gut and therefore our diets affect our nervous system and our emotional state. If you have any fresh fruit or veggies and maybe a herbal tea in the house, I'd cut up a small bowl of fresh bell pepper, apple, cucumber, orange, whatever you like and sip on a herbal tea. That often helps me to feel a bit refreshed again after eating too much junk.

Hope you feel better again soon!
Hi Kevla, thank you for responding, yes you have described exactly how I feel! Tv and drinking used to be all I did for entertainment and now I can’t describe how intensely BORED I am unless I am actively DOING something.
And thanks for the advice re food! Lesson learnt from yesterday. No need to repeat that behaviour!
xxx