View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 01:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KneePads

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Antabuse was really great IME except it made me psychotic, but that's a rare side effect and it shouldn't have been given to me with my history of psychosis. Yeah you'll drink on it, but you're not going to repeat the experiment. And it takes about a week off it for the drug to clear enough to drink and not get ill. So a relapse needs to be planned in advance and you can always change your mind in that week and take it again. If it weren't for the antabuse psychosis, which again is rare, I would still be taking it.
Freedom - that was my problem - I DID repeat the experiment, a few times! I’m a complete moron!! I experimented until I got it down to about 6 days of last taking a tablet to be able to then drink, with only moderate side effects, but then the whole cycle got messy (as you can imagine), not keeping track of when I last had one. And then thinking ‘Fuck it’ and drinking anyway, consistently throwing up, awful stomach pains, I kept stopping breathing in my sleep. All my own stupid fault, playing with fire.

However, I am glad it worked for you, you obviously respected the process unlike me! xxx